The Banquet Cook will be responsible for working in conjunction with the Banquet Chef and Sous Chef on all aspects of culinary production for Special Events banquets.
• Accurate and expeditious production of plated recipes with strict adherence to all recipe specifications.
• Food production and plating for service as directed by Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
• Efficient production with minimal waste during all phases of recipe preparation, production and service.
• Charcuterie production and execution as directed by Chefs.
– Curing and smoking of fish, meats and poultry items
– Pate, terrine and sausage production
– Marinades, relishes and cold sauces
• Assist in food preparation including browning, heating and reheating.
• Prepare salad items, garnished and condiments.
• Stock, sauce, soup, vegetable preparation.
• Carve buffet meats as requested by guests.
• Support banquets and buffet by ensuring adequate stock of all items.
• Performing tasks related to but not limited to:
– Organization of reach-in coolers
– Dry stock with proper storage
– Security and sanitation guidelines
• Proper packaging, storage and security of all food items at all stages of receipt or preparation with relation to temperature, location, labeling, packaging and all established procedures.
• Set up and break down of work stations.
• Assist other team members as needed or directed by Sous Chef or Banquet Chef.
• Maintain proper inventory of station pars on prep list and ordering appropriately.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One to two (1-2) years cooking experience in high volume / banquet setting.
Licenses / Certifications
• HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or California Food Handler’s Certificate, or ability to obtain.
• Two (2) year Associates degree from recognized Culinary Institution or the equivalent in industry experience.
• Background in fine dining restaurant establishment.
• Advanced knife skills.
• Intermediate to advanced level of culinary skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to read, write, understand, execute and communicate in English.
• Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
• Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must be able to bend, reach and stand for a minimum of 8 hours daily.
• Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity of cooking equipment.• Must be available to work flexible hours, including days, nights and weekends.
• Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA). Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About The Culinary Institute of America
The Culinary Institute of America is looking for diverse, talented, and passionate people whom embody our values of excellence, leadership, professionalism, ethics, and respect for diversity. Here at the CIA, you will find a supportive workplace and tools to help you achieve professional and personal growth. We offer a wide variety of career opportunities, all of which contribute to the CIA’s mission of providing the world’s best professional culinary education. Our employees are essential to the fulfillment of this mission, lending their passion, professionalism, skills, and knowledge to help the CIA maintain its position as the world’s premiere culinary college.