Wine Presenters are responsible for teaching classes to the general public to a high standard of professionalism. Wine Presenters act as Ambassadors of The Culinary Institute of America.
- Instructs lectures, tastings, and related class activities, to a standard consistent with the professional standards of the CIA.
- Conducts instruction, tasting events, and wine & beverage service in an exemplary manner consistent with the professional standards of the Institute and within budgetary limits.
- Teaches assigned courses following the schedule and curriculum provided for each course.
- Assumes responsibility for equipment and facilities of the Institute.
- Stays abreast of new developments in the wine and beverage, food-service, and hospitality industries.
- Provides feedback on attendee response to program curriculum, variety of offerings and facilities, and progress of the programs to administration on a regular basis.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to cross market the CIA and all its departments and initiatives.
- Develops wine and beverage lists and related planning documents as needed for other events.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent industry experience or professional certification.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in highly specialized knowledge of the wines and beverage industries.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in wine and beverage, service, and front-of-house training.
- TIPS and Serve Safe certified, or the ability to become certified within 30 days of hire.
- Certifications: Certified Wine Professional, Certified Wine Educator, WSET Level 2, Certified Sommelier, or higher credential.
- Familiarity with beverage operations across broad spectrum of industry segments
- Experience as educator, public speaker or other performance-based activities.
- Computer skills (PC): Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe along with an understanding of computer network systems, databases, and visual media software.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as required by business needs.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA). Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About The Culinary Institute of America
The Culinary Institute of America is looking for diverse, talented, and passionate people whom embody our values of excellence, leadership, professionalism, ethics, and respect for diversity. Here at the CIA, you will find a supportive workplace and tools to help you achieve professional and personal growth. We offer a wide variety of career opportunities, all of which contribute to the CIA’s mission of providing the world’s best professional culinary education. Our employees are essential to the fulfillment of this mission, lending their passion, professionalism, skills, and knowledge to help the CIA maintain its position as the world’s premiere culinary college.