The Busser/Runner is responsible for ensuring that the dining room tables are properly set up and cleaned providing prompt and professional service to dining guests. The Busser/Runner also acts as a food runner to dispense food from the kitchen to tables immediately upon food being presented as ready from the line.
- Continually read, anticipate and fulfill guest needs.
- Work with chefs and servers in order to deliver food to guests. Explain dishes as appropriate when delivering to guests.
- Set up and break down dining room for each shift.
- Stay current with menu descriptions as the menu changes.
- Assist with overall maintenance of restaurant and organization of restaurant supplies cage.
- Reset tables according to specifications of restaurant.
- Restock clean plates, silverware and glassware.
- Clear plates and silverware, as appropriate, when guests are finished dining.
- Assist servers with food delivery to guests, refilling water, serving bread.
- Maintain service stations in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift.
- Perform all opening and closing side work as required.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working in a restaurant
- 1 year of experience working in a high volume restaurant preferred.
- Demonstrated qualities of hospitality and service.
- Knowledge of dining room service procedures.
- Ability to follow all safety and sanitation policies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service.
- Food and beverage knowledge.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About The Culinary Institute of America
The Culinary Institute of America is looking for diverse, talented, and passionate people whom embody our values of excellence, leadership, professionalism, ethics, and respect for diversity. Here at the CIA, you will find a supportive workplace and tools to help you achieve professional and personal growth. We offer a wide variety of career opportunities, all of which contribute to the CIA’s mission of providing the world’s best professional culinary education. Our employees are essential to the fulfillment of this mission, lending their passion, professionalism, skills, and knowledge to help the CIA maintain its position as the world’s premiere culinary college.