The Bartender is accountable for providing quality service to all customers while ensuring all practices, equipment and inventory are properly maintained.
- Functions as bartender and cashier in restaurant.
- Assists guests by anticipating their needs while they are in the restaurant and introducing them to all of the food and beverage programs that the restaurant has to offer.
- Completes opening and closing side work as assigned with the goal of contributing to an organized, well-prepared work environment.
- Maintains a strong food and beverage knowledge base in an effort to provide the best possible guest service experience.
- Uses standardized CIA recipes for all items served from the bar.
- Conducts physical inventory of storage areas.
- Orders bar supplies as needed, rotates stock.
- Reports vintage changes to Assistant Restaurant Manager to aid in maintenance of wine lists.
- Reports equipment problems.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience tending bar.
Licenses / Certifications:
- TIPS responsible alcohol service certification or equivalent or ability to acquire within 30 days of hire.
- MICROS POS System experience.
- Wine and Spirits knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wine, cocktails and bartending experience.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously .
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, accurate and efficient.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Ability to research and create seasonal cocktail menus.
- Demonstrated qualities of hospitality.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About The Culinary Institute of America
The Culinary Institute of America is looking for diverse, talented, and passionate people whom embody our values of excellence, leadership, professionalism, ethics, and respect for diversity. Here at the CIA, you will find a supportive workplace and tools to help you achieve professional and personal growth. We offer a wide variety of career opportunities, all of which contribute to the CIA’s mission of providing the world’s best professional culinary education. Our employees are essential to the fulfillment of this mission, lending their passion, professionalism, skills, and knowledge to help the CIA maintain its position as the world’s premiere culinary college.