|Date Posted||July 29, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Student Services Coordinator primarily serves as the front-line administrative contact for all Education Department constituents and provides student services support for degree/certificate programs for the Registrar and Student Financial Planning functions.
- Responsible for maintaining the Education office’s (faculty and staff) supply inventory and office supply budget, and responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of all Education office equipment.
- Assists with the processing and administration of general office functions, including but not limited to data entry, letter generation, written communication, routine report generation, mail/package sorting and processing, file maintenance, and scanning.
- Assists the department in scheduling the campus calendar to ensure all approved classes, programs and enrollment information is accurate and current. Coordinates with Continuing Education managers, Special Events sales and marketing, and restaurant group sales staff to collect scheduling information. Provides support to the Registration Specialist, Associate Registrar and Director – Education in maintaining the integrity of scheduling data.
- Provides support to all Faculty, Education directors and team leaders and Associate Registrar regarding class coverage, staffing decisions, teaching assignments, EATEC access, and feedback.
- Answers general questions regarding student services responsibilities in person, over the phone or through e-mail in support of the Student Financial Planning and Registrar functions for degree and certificate program students. This includes but is not limited to utilizing information system(s) to research and obtain required data from student accounts, financial aid award packages, class schedules, and interrelated information. Assists students and family members with questions, processes, forms, information changes, and provide referrals to other staff where appropriate.
- Working together with the Education directors and team leaders provides input at weekly staffing meetings monitoring faculty assignments, changes in schedules, upcoming professional development opportunities, faculty attendance, and coverage issues.
- Troubleshoots, responds to and triages escalated operational issues.
- Provides Moodle support to faculty including reminders and tutorials.
- Inputs information into the Registration system; Ellucian Colleague and Scanning system; OASIS systems.
- Maintains student records and files, creates and collects all support materials and files them as needed.
- Ensures compliance with FERPA and other Institute policies by understanding the policies, and adhering to all guidelines regarding privacy or confidentiality of data.
- Participates in the management and knowledge management protocols for Student Services as requested. Raises suggestions for items to be included within the FAQ and knowledge databases.
- Assists the Associate Registrar in developing strategies that support the improvement of educational program services.
- Manages and updates the CIA student and staff portal as it relates to Greystone and as needed to address updates and regulatory guidelines.
- Manages student responses to instruction survey tabulation and reporting.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of administrative experience in support of a student services function or related area in higher education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working in higher education providing administrative support to faculty or staff.
- Experience with student information systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Commitment to providing high-quality customer service.
- Ability to work accurately, independently and quickly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency with the MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as the ability to learn and work with a variety of information systems.
- Experience with Datatel Colleague or similar college registration system.
- Flexibility and positive attitude toward change.
- Must have a proven, consistent track record showing the ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Must be available to work overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule on graduation and registration days.
- Must be able to work one (1) to two (2) weekends each year to support conferences and retreats.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds, as needed.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for extended periods.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- A dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!