|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Student Affairs Assistant is responsible for the coordination and execution of internal events, primarily orientation and graduation while maintaining high levels of student satisfaction and engagement.
- Coordinate and execute campus orientation programs for AOS degree, Bachelor’s concentration, certificate, and transfer students. Encourage campus-wide participation and support.
- Work with Purchasing to issue tools and books to degree and certificate students as part of the orientation schedule.
- Coordinate and execute graduation and commencement exercises for AOS degree and certificate programs.
- Coordinate fitting, order and delivery of culinary, baking and service uniforms for freshmen, sophomores, graduates and bachelor’s students.
- Coordinate graduation photography to include group photos, reproductions, and head-shots.
- Serve as an international student advisor on campus and support international students with special programming and orientation, as needed. Serve as Designated School Official for SEVIS in order to manage and troubleshoot M1 and F1 visa process. Process I-20 forms for International Students to ensure that the college adheres to all federal regulations and policies in order to enroll eligible international students. Maintain records in SEVIS as required by ICE. Maintain hard-copy files on campus.
- Support Veteran student’s transition to college life. Act as the liaison to connect veteran students to external VA agencies.
- Manage a collection of and completion of required medical history and exams prior to the entrance; process with HP Student Medical Services office.
- Participate as an effective spokesperson for Student Affairs at the CIA to students, potential students, parents, other college officials, and outside organizations. Maintain appropriate boundaries with staff, faculty and students as an administrative representative of the college by applying accepted professional practices published policies and FERPA regulations.
- Establish and maintain a network of local health and wellness providers to serve as a student resource.
- Serve as a member of the Student Affairs team to support varied activities upon request.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of.
- One year of administrative office experience.
- Two years of customer service or customer relations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Administration support experience in a post-secondary environment.
- On-site event planning and guest coordination experience.
- Student affairs experience.
- Strong computer experience which must include the ability to work effectively with MS Office suite products i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively work with multiple teams across the organization to respond to business and customer needs.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in support of the team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to handle confidential issues with a high level of discretion.
- Must be able to work overtime and adjust work schedule to work some nights and weekends as required by business needs, specifically in support of leadership initiatives and orientation/graduation responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift and transport goods up to thirty (30) pounds with the use of pushcarts, rolling racks, and other tools.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for extended periods.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- A dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!