|Date Posted||July 5, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Stock Clerk works in conjunction with the Senior Stock Clerk to provide excellent customer service to the students, staff, faculty, and vendors. This position is responsible for accurately receiving and storing all items into the storeroom, quickly and correctly filling all Storeroom orders and product shorts upon delivery. The Stock Clerk assists customers when picking up orders, as well as providing answers to general Storeroom questions.
- Fills daily orders, supplemental orders and next day orders based on necessity and pickup time.
- Ensures all “out of stock” items are effectively communicated to the Buyer and the Chefs or students picking-up the order.
- Receives all incoming deliveries, checks for quality of items sent, such as damaged boxes, spoiled produce, broken bottles, etc. and ensures accuracy in counts sent versus what was ordered, what is back ordered or out of stock items.
- Ensures items are properly stored or issued after items are properly received.
- Ensures items stored or issued for requisitions are in compliance with Institute standards; such as not issuing dented cans, spoiled produce, broken glasses, stained linen, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of all product lines handled within the warehouse.
- Greets and assists all customers in the area in a professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly manner.
- Provides proficient and proactive customer service either in person or on the phone.
- Stages all kitchen orders properly, prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- Assists class stewards with order pick up issues.
- Completes all designated cleaning assignments and work to ensure the general safety and sanitation of the facility.
- Prepares reports, including but not limited to negative inventory balance, zero cost transfers, spoilage, and shortages.
- Carries out a comprehensive review of the product fulfillment function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements.
- Assists in any area of the Storeroom as needed.
- Assists in any routine and monthly inventories as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a Food Service environment/warehouse or related experience.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid Forklift Certification or the ability to become certified within thirty (30) days from date of hire.
- Valid ServSafe Food handler certificate or the ability to become certified within thirty (30) days from date of hire.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or another related field or a graduate from an accredited culinary school.
- Prior experience with Food, Beverage and Non-Food purchasing and/or distribution.
- Higher Education working experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
- Purchasing/inventory system experience with EATEC or similar system.
- Familiarity with procedures to receive packages through ‘Track It’ System, when needed.
- Ability to use and exemplify strong judgment.
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to internal customers.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity of MS Office suite products, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability in organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be available to work overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting, standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand and work for eight (8) hours.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, hot and cold, for extended periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to lift and move up to seventy (75) pounds or more with assistance.