|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Stock Clerk works in conjunction with the Assistant Manager to provide excellent customer service to all customers and vendors. This position is responsible for accurately receiving and storing all items into the storeroom, quickly and correctly filling all Storeroom orders and product shorts upon delivery. The Stock Clerk assists customers when picking up orders, as well as providing answers to general Storeroom questions.
- Fills daily orders, supplemental orders and next day orders based on necessity and pickup time.
- Ensures all “out of stock” items are effectively communicated to the Buyer and the Chefs impacted.
- Receives all incoming deliveries and checks for quality of items sent, such as damaged boxes, spoiled produce, broken bottles, etc., accuracy in counts sent versus ordered, back orders or out of stock items.
- Ensures items are properly stored or issued after items are properly received.
- Ensures items stored or issued for requisitions are in compliance with the Institute standards (i.e. not issuing dented cans, spoiled produce, broken glasses, stained linen, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of all product lines handled within the warehouse.
- Greets and assists all customers in the area in a professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly manner.
- Provides proficient and proactive customer service either in person or on the phone.
- Stages all kitchen orders properly, prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- Completes all designated cleaning assignments and work to ensure the general safety and sanitation of the facility.
- Prepares reports, such as negative inventory balance, zero cost transfers, spoilage, and shortages.
- Carries out a comprehensive review of the product fulfillment function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements.
- Assists in any area of the Storeroom as demand required.
- Assists in any routine and monthly inventories as required.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a Food Service environment/warehouse or related field.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid Forklift Certification or the ability to obtain within thirty (30) days from hire.
- Valid ServSafe Food handler certificate or the ability to obtain within thirty (30) day from hire.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or related field.
- Food, Beverage and Non-Food purchasing and/or distribution experience.
- Higher Education working experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited culinary school.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Purchasing/inventory system experience with EATEC or similar system desired.
- Familiarity with procedures to receive packages through ‘Track It’ System, when needed.
- Ability to use and exemplify strong judgment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be adaptable, dependable and able to manage multiple projects.
- Basic computer skills including abilities to work MS Office Suite products, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness, knowledge, and ability to move to any area of the Storeroom/Purchasing and work as demand dictates.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be available to work overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting, standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for eight (8) hours.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to lift and move up to seventy-five (75) pounds or more with assistance.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- A dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!