|Date Posted||September 25, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Sous Chef – Copia Restaurant will be responsible for efficiently managing and delegating all kitchen aspects from culinary production and scheduling as directed by the Executive Chef. This includes managing labor costs, ensuring quality food product and exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Directs culinary team in the performance of their daily duties, with a focus on attaining the highest quality of food preparation, presentation, consistency, accuracy, and timeliness. Runs shift effectively while keeping guest satisfaction as the focus. Provides constructive feedback during a shift as required.
- Communicates directly with the front of the house staff in relation to time guidelines, counts and special dietary restrictions during the execution of service.
- Oversees the cleanliness and organization of all culinary work stations, ensuring compliance with all procedures and sanitation standards. Oversees and ensures proper cleaning and sanitation of all kitchen equipment including refrigerators, freezer, rolling cages, dry storage, and surrounding work areas.
- Works with the culinary management team to attain and maintain food cost goals.
- Assists Executive Chef with training and evaluating of culinary staff.
- Reports incidents of performance deficiencies, insubordination, and injuries to the Executive Chef.
- Conducts pre-service meetings with Front of House team to review and overview menu items, ensuring the serving team has the information needed to properly present the menu to the guest.
- Organizes produces and executes all events, assuming full responsibility in absence of Executive Chef.
- Educates and coaches all culinary team members in all aspects of cooking skills, ingredients and recipe requirements as documented by Executive Chef.
- Monitors and ensures proper inventories of all cooking stations.
- Oversees proper receiving, inspecting, repackaging and storing of all food orders.
- Responsible for ensuring all opening and closing procedures are properly completed by assigned team members.
- Manages the full and proper uniform appearance of the back of house staff.
- Responsibility for monitoring the posted work schedule.
- Responsible to assist with special events as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or graduate of an accredited culinary school, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of cooking experience in a full-service restaurant, hotel or resort.
- Background in a catering, high volume or fine dining restaurant establishment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Licenses / Certifications
- HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or California Food Handler’s Certificate or ability to obtain.
- Understanding and ability to calculate and manage food and labor costs within a set budget.
- Culinary Institute of America graduates preferred.
- Expert knife skills.
- Advanced level of culinary skills.
- Advanced butchery skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and solve operations problems as they arrive.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Excellent logistical planning and delegating skills.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Must have a demonstrated history of improved guest experience with measurable results.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends based upon business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for extended periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., or more with assistance.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA). Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required.