|Date Posted||June 27, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Social Media Manager of Consumer Initiatives is responsible for managing the social media accounts geared towards public offerings associated with The Culinary Institute of America brand, specifically all business initiatives related to The CIA at Copia, Gatehouse Restaurant at Greystone, and the national Foodies program. This position is responsible for creating a visually consistent and charismatic social persona for Copia that highlights and engages consumers with all the offerings and event happenings. The Social Media Manager – Consumer Initiatives is also responsible for raising general awareness and engagement of the CIA’s Foodies program in the social space and for fostering a dedicated social media following that considers The CIA at Copia the premier location for culinary adventure and education in the Napa Valley, as well as an understanding of the robust offerings CIA, has open to the public, specifically in terms of Foodie classes and restaurants.
- Work with the Sr. Social Media Strategy Manager to develop a branded social media presence for The CIA at Copia, CIA Foodies brand, and Gatehouse Restaurant.
- Manage the content calendar for all consumer initiative accounts, execute the calendar using a real-time, hands-on approach.
- Develop and manage the content pipeline for all consumer initiatives, ensuring that content is constantly flowing on dedicated consumer accounts. Work directly with in house creative or coordinate with outside contractors to deliver materials.
- Create high-quality original written and visual content for social media channels and supporting campaigns.
- Work with the Social Media Team to help integrate consumer initiatives content and offerings into the CIA brand accounts, working to create one social media space that showcases all offerings of The CIA.
- Creatively and proactively engage consumers, influencers, and advocates across social media to drive brand conversations and advocacy.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals, and influencers to create a community of loyal brand ambassadors.
- Support efforts to position The CIA at Copia as a “must-follow” brand for consumers, ultimately increasing revenues through broader brand awareness and initiative offerings.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans and respond to comments and questions as needed.
- Develop a strategic posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in marketing, new media, communications or related field
- Minimum three (3) years proven experience in successfully managing social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Dreamweaver and WordPress preferred.
- Proficiency in the following software applications Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks and Social Media Dashboards.
- In-depth knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Passion for / familiarity with the culinary arts, baking and pastry arts, hospitality industry and/or restaurant industry.
- Photography experience.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms.
- Ability to deliver creative content in multiple mediums (text, image, and video).
- Proven ability to manage projects from start to finish with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Strong organization skills. Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong computer experience which must include abilities to work effectively with e-mail and MS Office Suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to internal customers and effective partnership with colleagues.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a proven, consistent track record showing the ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Ability to handle confidential issues with a high level of discretion.
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Able to work nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time, sometimes in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- A dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!