|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Server ensures that guests have an enjoyable and memorable dining experience and that their needs are anticipated and met. A key responsibility of the Server is to “read the mood” of the tables for which they are responsible and ensure that the pace, variety, sequence and timing of food and beverage served is appropriate, while conveying exceptional hospitality and ensure guests feel well attended to are of primary importance.
- Greet the guests immediately upon their settling in at the table, providing a welcome introduction and describe the method of service and style of food, using a script which may be enhanced with an appropriate degree of personalization, answering questions as they arise.
- Offer and coordinate the beverage order and delivery (cocktails, wine, water, etc.). Describe and recommend appropriate wines to guests to compliment food choices. Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers. Use prescribed protocols to check guest identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions, making recommendations upon request. Coordinate with the kitchen and ensure the presentation of the menu items commences.
- Prepare and present guest checks that itemize and total meal costs and taxes.
- Maintain a presence with the guests to ensure that they are enjoying their experience and take action to correct any problems.
- Oversee the setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of their assigned section of the dining room.
- Complete opening and closing duties/checklists in a timely fashion, as well as assigned side work, which may include:
- Set up side-stations and dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning. Replenish flatware and plates at the table and refresh as needed to keep the dining experience tidy and respectable to the level of comfort of the individual table and guest. Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Provide guests with information about local area, including providing directions. Discuss offerings of the CIA with guests where possible, including the retail store, food enthusiast / demo theater programming, tasting room, special events, etc.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or GED.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience as a server in a quality full service restaurant environment.
Licenses / Certifications:
- TIPS (responsible beverage service training) Certification required within six months of date of hire.
- Certification as a Sommelier (Court of Master Sommeliers, Masters of Wine, Certified Wine Professional).
- Experienced in the preparation of mixed drinks, cocktails.
- Degree in Culinary, Baking and Pastry, or Hospitality related major.
- Must be familiar with the use of a restaurant/foodservice POS system (Micros, etc.).
- Must be able to communicate comfortably and effectively in a direct- facing customer service role.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform duties in assigned workspace.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for long periods.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.