|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing customers with a unique shopping experience by providing excellent customer service, utilizing effective selling techniques and providing in-depth product knowledge in a specialty retail environment.
- Greets and welcomes customers to the store with enthusiasm.
- Determines and understands customers’ needs by asking open ended questions.
- Explains the features and benefits, addressing individual customer needs.
- Suggests additional items utilizing sales skills to build multiple sales.
- Rings items on the POS/Cash Register and bags merchandise appropriately to avoid damage when necessary.
- Thanks all customers for their patronage and visiting the campus.
- Follows through on customer requests as taken.
- Regularly provides feedback to store managers on customer reaction to store and merchandise.
- Maintains the order and cleanliness of the store.
- Assists in stocking and re-stocking of merchandise throughout the store on a daily basis, including trips to the storage cages located in the tunnel.
- Assists in the Shipping/Receiving Department with packing of Shippers, and receiving of Merchandise and other areas as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one (1) year of retail sales experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Experience with POS systems.
- Prior experience selling cookware, dinnerware, cutlery, kitchen electrics and bakeware products.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays based upon business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of climbing, standing, lifting, bending and stretching for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.