|Date Posted||February 27, 2020|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Campus Store Sales Associate is responsible for providing customers with a unique shopping experience by providing excellent customer service, utilizing effective selling techniques and providing in-depth product knowledge in a specialty retail environment.
- Greet and welcome customers to the store with enthusiasm.
- Determine and understand customers’ needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Explain the features and benefits, addressing individual customer needs.
- Suggest additional items utilizing sales skills to build multiple sales.
- Ring items on the POS/Cash Register and bag merchandise appropriately to avoid damage when necessary.
- Thank all customers for their patronage and visiting the campus.
- Follow through on customer requests as taken.
- Regularly provide feedback to store managers on customer reaction to store and merchandise.
- Maintain the order & cleanliness of the store.
- Assist in stocking/restocking of merchandise throughout the store on a daily basis, including trips to the storage cages located in the tunnel.
- Assist in the DeBaun Café when needed to include cleaning and serving customers.
- Assist in the Shipping/Receiving Department with the packing of Shippers, and receiving of Merchandise and other areas as needed.
- Train and assist in all areas of the Flavor Bar as needed- to include setting up of Tasting Experiences, stocking of area and packaging chocolates.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of one (1) year of retail sales experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good planning and time management skills to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to become familiar with the products we carry and their uses.
- Experience with POS systems.
- Prior experience selling cookware, dinnerware, cutlery, kitchen electrics, bakeware products.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays based upon business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of climbing, standing, lifting, bending and stretching for up to 8 hours per workday.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!