|Date Posted||October 14, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Prep Cook is responsible for working in conjunction with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef on all aspects of culinary production for the Copia Restaurant.
- Assists with the accurate and expeditious production of plated recipes with strict adherence to all recipe specifications.
- Responsible for efficient production with minimal waste during all phases of recipe preparation, production, and service.
- Prepares stock, sauce, soups, and vegetables.
- Accurate and expeditious butchering of numerous cuts of meats, game, poultry, and fish.
- Charcuterie production and execution as directed by Chefs, including but not limited to curing and smoking of fish, meats and poultry items, pate, terrine, and sausage production, and marinades, relishes and cold sauces.
- Prepares salad items, garnished and condiments.
- Performs tasks related to but not limited to organizing the reach-in coolers, properly storing the dry stock and follow security and sanitation guidelines.
- Properly packages, stores and secures all food items at all stages of receipt or preparation with relation to temperature, location, labeling, packaging, and all established procedures.
- Assists other team members as needed or directed by Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Maintains proper inventory of station pars on the prep list and ordering appropriately.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of cooking experience in a full-service restaurant, hotel or resort.
Licenses / Certifications:
- HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or California Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Associates Degree from recognized Culinary Institution or the equivalent in industry experience.
- Prior experience working in a high volume or fine dining restaurant establishment.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level of culinary skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to read, write, understand, execute and communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be available to work a flexible scheduled including days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to bend, reach and stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours daily.
- Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity to cooking equipment.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- Dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.