|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The On Call Line Cook will be responsible for working in conjunction with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef – Copia Operations on all aspects of culinary production for the Copia Restaurant.
- Accurate and expeditious production of plated recipes with strict adherence to all recipe specifications.
- Food production and plating for service as directed by Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Efficient production with minimal waste during all phases of recipe preparation, production and service.
- Stock, sauce and soup production.
- Accurate and expeditious butchering to include numerous cuts of meats, game, poultry and fish.
- Charcuterie production and execution as directed by Chefs.
- Curing and smoking of fish, meats and poultry items
- Pate, terrine and sausage production
- Marinades, relishes and cold sauces
- Assist in food preparation including browning, heating and reheating.
- Prepare salad items, garnished and condiments.
- Stock, sauce, soup, vegetable preparation.
- Performing tasks related to but not limited to:
- Organization of reach-in coolers
- Dry stock with proper storage
- Security and sanitation guidelines
- Properly execute all opening and closing procedures as directed by Sous Chef including complete and accurate completion of all paperwork related to the efficient operation of assigned station.
- Proper packaging, storage and security of all food items at all stages of receipt or preparation with relation to temperature, location, labeling, packaging and all established procedures.
- Assist other team members as needed or directed by Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Maintain proper inventory of station pars on prep list and ordering appropriately.
- Responsibility for monitoring posted work schedule.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six-months to one year cooking experience in full service restaurant, hotel or resort.
- Two (2) year Associates degree from recognized Culinary Institution.
- Background in high volume or fine dining restaurant establishment.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level of culinary skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to read, write, understand, execute and communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to bend, reach and stand for a minimum of 8 hours daily.
- Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity of cooking equipment.
- Must be available to work a flexible scheduled including days, nights and weekends