|Date Posted||July 29, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The On-Call Gardener will assist the Culinary Gardener with daily operations and maintenance of the Copia garden on an as-needed basis.
- Understands and applies standard pruning, thinning and harvesting practices.
- Assists with planting and harvesting fruits, herbs and vegetables.
- Washes, packs, weighs, labels and delivers farm and garden products.
- Prepares beds for planting, including but not limited to, removal of debris, broad forking, tilling and shaping beds with a hard rake.
- Transplants seedlings in the field.
- Maintains the aesthetic look of Copia campus trees, plants, and shrubs, pruning of perennial hedges and herbs.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Six (6) months collective experience working in the farming, landscaping or agricultural industry.
- Displays exemplary professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional interaction with other team members at all times.
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for eight (8) hours at a time.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds and up to seventy-five (75) pounds with assistance.