|Date Posted||February 27, 2020|
|Job Type|| Temporary |
The Banquet Cook will be responsible for working in conjunction with the Banquet Chef and Sous Chef on all aspects of culinary production for Special Events banquets.
• Accurate and expeditious production of plated recipes with strict adherence to all recipe specifications.
• Food production and plating for service as directed by Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
• Efficient production with minimal waste during all phases of recipe preparation, production and service.
• Charcuterie production and execution as directed by Chefs.
- Curing and smoking of fish, meats and poultry items
- Pate, terrine and sausage production
- Marinades relish and cold sauces
• Assist in food preparation including browning, heating and reheating.
• Prepare salad items, garnished and condiments.
• Stock, sauce, soup, vegetable preparation.
• Carve buffet meats as requested by guests.
• Support banquets and buffet by ensuring adequate stock of all items.
• Performing tasks related to but not limited to:
- Organization of reach-in coolers
- Dry stock with proper storage
- Security and sanitation guidelines
• Proper packaging, storage, and security of all food items at all stages of receipt or preparation with relation to temperature, location, labeling, packaging, and all established procedures.
• Set up and break down of work stations.
• Assist other team members as needed or directed by Sous Chef or Banquet Chef.
• Maintain proper inventory of station pars on the prep list and ordering appropriately.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One to two (1-2) years cooking experience in high volume/banquet setting.
Licenses / Certifications
• HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or California Food Handler’s Certificate, or ability to obtain.
• Two (2) year Associates degree from recognized Culinary Institution or the equivalent in industry experience.
• Background in a fine dining restaurant establishment.
• Advanced knife skills.
• Intermediate to advanced level of culinary skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to read, write, understand, execute and communicate in English.
• Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
• Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to bend, reach and stand for a minimum of 8 hours daily.
- Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the workday as required.
- Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity to cooking equipment.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA)