|Date Posted||June 5, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Corporate Relations and Digital Media Manager – Strategic Initiatives Group (SIG) reports to the Associate Director - Sponsorship Planning, Strategic Initiatives and Director - Strategic Initiatives, Digital Media. This position is responsible for providing management and support for the overall sponsor relations, logistics, and fulfillment, for all SIG conferences and leadership programs, in addition to project and client management and video editing for digital media projects.
- Once sponsors, underwriters or academic grantors are confirmed for Strategic Initiatives Group (SIG) programs, this position takes over responsibility for the fulfillment of their sponsor or underwriting “benefits” and their participation in the appropriate Strategic Initiatives Group (SIG) events. At this point, this position becomes the sponsors’ primary point of contact along with the Associate Director - Sponsorship Planning. Sponsors include trade associations, private companies, governments, non-profit organizations, and foundations.
- Manage SIG databases and files on sponsors – client information, contact records, etc. Update databases continuously to be able to share sponsor history with the SIG, advancement office and institute as a whole.
- Responsible for SIG paperwork and filing, including maintaining both electronic and hard copy files in accordance with established guidelines and format.
- Create and send invoices and letters of agreements as sponsors are confirmed, in addition, to follow up to receive signed contracts within the specified timeframe.
- Manage accounts receivable working closely with accounting to make sure payments are received prior to conference start dates and applied to the correct client and programs.
- Oversee sponsor client relationship management with timely outreach and responses to client contacts.
- Schedules and runs client conference calls and correspondence to gather information and share notes with the team, ensuring the sponsor benefits are fulfilled for each program/project at the confirmed sponsor level to exceed client's expectations.
- Active participation in program food & beverage planning to ensure sponsor products are utilized to the sponsor's expectations.
- Identifies and resolves client issues as they arise during the planning and execution of leadership programs or digital media projects.
- Manage program timelines related to sponsors to ensure all sponsor details, materials, logos, attendee information, etc. is compiled and distributed according to deadlines.
- Create and manage SIG’s sponsor tracking and order grid to ensure up to date information for culinary and planning teams.
- Responsible for detailed reviewing of the culinary production book to ensure sponsor products are appropriately integrated.
- Project management for conference digital media initiatives as well as sponsored digital media projects, including video editing and production management.
- Work closely with the Manager - Digital Media on client relationship management and project management for digital media clients.
- Prepare digital media client proposals according to established templates.
- Manage edits on SIG conference websites from content submitted by Program Directors and Sponsors.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Hospitality Management, Marketing, or Multimedia.
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous office and/or administrative experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in digital online media.
- Prior event coordination, management and/or sponsored event experience.
- Culinary background, preferably with both back and front of the house experience.
- CIA AOS degree strongly preferred.
- Video editing and production skills including proficiency in Final Cut Pro or similar editing software.
- Strong communication and creative skills across multiple mediums, ranging from written words to video and graphic design.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as experience with databases and mail merges.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Must have knowledge of or at least considerable interest in food, wine and cooking with some event coordination experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Broad business savvy, with a solid grasp of financial and operating goals. Must have a track record of achieving measurable success for meeting objectives, managing costs and achieving change.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive issues with confidentiality and discretion.
- Able to travel periodically to other CIA locations due to business needs.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- A dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!