|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Manager – Copia Retail Store is responsible for all aspects of managing the high-volume retail store at CIA Copia. The Manager has complete operational accountability to achieve sales, service, organization, customer satisfaction and profitability goals for the store in compliance with CIA procedures. This position provides team leadership and ensures staff maintains store presentation and supports brand consistency, and also handles store level loss prevention issues.
- Maintains and implements all standards of service, policies and procedures to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Manages sales floors and drives retail sales by addressing customer concerns, coaching employees, and mitigating product loss.
- Manages the “Wine Country Tasting Experience” area immediately adjacent to the Copia store, including but not limited to scheduling, hiring and managing support staff, coordinating with winery partners on the use of space, marketing and promotion through partnerships, and developing components of tasting experience with Copia Executive Chef and Copia Sommelier.
- Leads all visual directives, ensuring mapping and floor set are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly.
- Maintains CIA standards of a neat, clean and organized sales floors and cashier areas, ensuring the store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Generates and analyzes merchandise reports, remains current with consumer trends within the market and nationally, directs brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with vendors in order to maximize the benefits such partnerships may bring to the college.
- Maintains budget planning and performance management responsibility, and creates pro forma budgets for all new initiatives. Monitors and forecasts revenues and expenses to ensure department budget goals are met. Assesses monthly budget statements and makes adjustments as needed in order to achieve fiscal goals. Completes monthly reconciliation and submits month-end point of sale accounting information to Finance.
- Schedules management and retail staff effectively in consideration of store traffic, store Profit and Loss statement and key store initiatives.
- Manages staffing, training, and development of the Retail Store team, and performs annual reviews for direct reports.
- Implements and facilitates key programs to effectively train and develop staff in the areas of customer service, product knowledge, inventory control and merchandising.
- Monitors and controls costs, including labor, merchandise, and loss prevention issues.
- Consults with direct reports daily to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Cultivates staff food and wine appreciation, sales techniques, and style through individual coaching and counseling on and off the floor.
- Responds to guest needs and complaints, and is responsible for maintaining guest satisfaction at all times.
- Supervises the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floor sets, markdown optimization, and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Oversees and ensures the efficiency of all daily operational procedures.
- Ensures store audit compliance and shrink results meet loss prevention standards.
- Coordinates with other key departments at Copia in marketing strategies, cross-marketing of services/products and cost reduction through combined purchases.
- Coordinates with other key departments at Copia, including safety, security, facilities, food and beverage operations, special events and the demo theater to ensure a seamless guest experience at the campuses.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in a high volume retail environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of POS systems.
- Budget setting skills/experience including working on an ‘Open to Buy’ system.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends and breakthroughs and incorporate into merchandise.
- Ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic product knowledge.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office suite products, i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn industry-specific software and purchase ordering systems.
- Strong teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of programming, maintenance and use of a POS System.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA). Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required. Must be able to regularly travel between St. Helena, CA and Napa, CA to coordinate retail offerings at the two locations, and act as managerial back-up.
- Must be available to work various shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays as required by business needs.
- Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, climb and reach for up to eight (8) hours daily.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable working in a temperature variant environment.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- Dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.