|Date Posted||March 6, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Lead Steward – Public Programs is responsible for being the exemplary service provider for the consumer programs at Copia. This position exhibits ownership over hospitality of the demonstration theater and atrium at Copia. The Lead Steward – Public Programs provides set-up, service, and break down of each class in the demonstration theater and each bar station in the atrium, ensuring successful operation of both spaces.
- Sets up, serves, and breaks down for classes based on standard operating procedures provided, including pouring of wine and passing of samples as required.
- Sets up, maintains, and breaks down bar stations for Public Wine and Beverage programs based on standard operating procedures provided, including removal of used glassware and trash from the atrium and gardens.
- Performs all opening and closing procedures as required; ensures that all setups meet the needs and standards of scheduled classes and daily Public Wine and Beverage programs.
- Monitors the atrium, gardens, and all spaces within the Copia facility impacted by Public Wine and Beverage programs to ensure that the standards for appearance, cleanliness, and safety are being met.
- Organizes service room and atrium storage cabinets on a weekly basis and maintains accurate inventory levels of service ware and goods related to front of house operations. Places orders for appropriate items as necessary. Assists with resolution of any service or product deficiencies that may occur.
- Picks up orders from the storeroom and properly stores all materials and food items. Ensures that all items are ready and in their proper places in advance of events.
- Works closely with the Manager of the Demo Theater at Copia as well as the Public Programs Coordinator to ensure successful daily operation of the demonstration theater and atrium.
- Works closely with the Demo Theater Assistant to stock correct handouts and class materials for the demonstration theater.
- Disseminates important information to other Stewards as well as Greeters to facilitate clear communication for all service staff; communicates changes in class or program schedules to other Stewards to ensure proper staffing levels for the theater and atrium.
- Greets all visitors of the CIA at Copia, the demonstration theater, and the atrium with enthusiasm and a positive manner, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Creates an excellent customer experience before, during, and after programs in the demonstration theater and atrium.
- Provides customer feedback to Public Programs management teams.
- Continually seeks to improve processes of the demonstration theater and atrium to improve efficiency.
- Contributes positively to the Public Programs team dynamics and to the CIA at Copia.
- Attends all mandatory staff trainings and department meetings.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in food and beverage service or hospitality environment required.
- Experience in a food service, hospitality, customer service or similar environment.
- TIPS/RBST Certification or the ability to obtain certification within thirty (30) days from hire.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable and dependable.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Ability to multi-task between departments and programs and prioritize competing requests.
- Must be able to work overtime on nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA).Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to stand for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for long periods.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- Dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.