|Date Posted||January 27, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Lead Special Events Cook will be responsible for working in conjunction with the Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef and Executive Chef on all aspects of culinary production for the daily execution of the Banquets and Special Events.
- Prepares and executes Banquets and Special Events.
- Assists in the planning and ordering of all food for events.
- Assists Sous Chef in supervision of Line Cooks and Prep Cooks.
- Assumes ownership for the quality of products served.
- Compliant in the handling, portioning and rotation of all food products according to the Department of Health codes.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of work area, including practicing clean and sanitary work habits at all stations including but not limited tables, shelves, cooking and refrigeration equipment.
- Assists in food preparation during off-peak hours as determined by the Manager on Duty (M.O.D.).
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes.
- Assists in receiving and placement of food products and supplies.
- Gives high quality customer service in a timely manner.
- Opens and closes the plating kitchen properly and follows the appropriate checklists for stations assisting others when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all faculty, staff, student and guest information.
- Works cohesively with other department members as part of a team.
- Assists with donation requests and correspondences; processes and responds to all requests.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Any and all duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to two (2) years cooking experience in full service restaurant, hotel or resort.
Licenses / Certifications
- HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or California Food Handler’s Certificate, or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Associate Degree from recognized Culinary Institution.
- Culinary Institute of America graduate preferred.
- Prior experience working in a high volume or fine dining restaurant establishment.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level of culinary skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to read, write, understand, execute and communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including days, nights and weekends and overtime as required by business needs.
- Must be able to bend, reach and stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours daily.
- Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity of cooking equipment.