|Date Posted||November 5, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Lead Line Cook is responsible for working in conjunction with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef – Copia on all aspects of culinary production for the Copia Restaurant.
- Prepares a variety of meats, fish, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and assorted other kitchen equipment.
- Executes culinary production at all cooking stations.
- Assists Sous Chef in supervision of Line Cooks and Prep Cooks.
- Assumes ownership for the quality of products served.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Compliant in the handling, portioning and rotation of all food products according to the Department of Health codes.
- Practices clean and sanitary work habits at their station including tables, shelves, all cooking and refrigeration equipment.
- Assists in receiving and placement of food products and supplies.
- Assists in food preparation during off-peak hours as determined by the Manager on Duty (M.O.D.).
- Provides high quality customer service in a timely manner.
- Opens and closes the kitchen properly and follows the appropriate checklists for stations assisting others when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all faculty, staff, student and guest information.
- Works cohesively with other department members as part of a team.
- Assists with donation requests and correspondence; processes and responds to all requests.
- Sorts and distributes office mail.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Any and all duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of cooking experience in full service restaurant, hotel, or resort.
Licenses / Certifications:
- HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or California Food Handler’s Certificate, or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days from date of hire.
- Associates Degree from recognized Culinary school.
- Prior experience working in high volume or fine dining restaurant establishment.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level of culinary skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle details, assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality at all time.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and overtime as required by business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, bending, lifting and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity of cooking equipment.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include;
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!