|Date Posted||March 28, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Lead Host/Reservationist is, in many ways, the face of the restaurant. This position is the first and last person our guests interact with and therefore can make the largest impact on their experience. The Lead Host/Reservationist is the point of contact for large party reservations (12-42 people). Additionally, this position leads the host team and ensures guests are greeted, seated, and thanked upon departure.
- Ensures adequate stock of supplies for reception desk, through completing daily checklists.
- Prepares menus and wine lists for each service shift.
- Answers high volume phones, including the two main restaurant lines. Transfers calls to appropriate departments throughout the building.
- Responds to guest e-mail for reservations and information. Secures guest reservations, and when necessary, secures a deposit for the reservation; i.e., credit card or cash deposit. Maintains the accuracy of the electronic reservations and floor map through periodic review.
- Confirms guest reservations. Checks and responds to the preferred reservations line for vintners and alumni.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a restaurant or hospitality environment with hosting, taking reservations or related area.
- Working knowledge of food, including menu language and culinary preparations.
- Working knowledge of restaurant POS computer systems.
- Current California Food Handlers Certificate.
- Current TIPS responsible alcohol service certification.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a gracious and hospitable presence to all restaurant guests.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to internal customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, accurate and efficient.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Must be able to handle details, assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule on nights, weekends and holidays, including overtime as required by business needs.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- Dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!