|Date Posted||October 17, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Lead Bartender is responsible for providing exemplary service at the Copia Restaurant. This position exhibits ownership for providing quality service to all customers while ensuring all practices, equipment, and inventory are properly maintained.
- Functions as bartender and cashier in restaurants.
- Works with management to develop and update the beverage list, including but not limited to cocktails, costing, recipes, documents, and filing.
- Oversees the quality control of beverages in Restaurant, Box Office and Colavita Olive Terrace.
- Performs weekly/monthly inventory of all beverage products, works with management to actively monitor weekly/monthly cost of goods sold and variance reports. Conducts physical inventory of storage areas.
- Orders and receives beverage goods as well as bar supplies as needed, rotating the stock.
- Handles cash; not regularly, but approved to do so when necessary, issuing of drawer and cash deposits.
- Assists guests by anticipating their needs while they are in the restaurant and introducing them to all of the food and beverage programs that the restaurant has to offer.
- Completes opening and closing side work as assigned with the goal of contributing to an organized, well-prepared work environment.
- Maintains a strong food and beverage knowledge base in an effort to provide the best possible guest service experience.
- Uses standardized CIA recipes for all items served from the bar.
- Reports vintage changes to Restaurant Manager to aid in the maintenance of wine lists.
- Reports equipment problems.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Disseminates important information to other Bartenders to facilitate clear communication.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience tending bar.
Licenses / Certifications:
- TIPS responsible alcohol service certification or equivalent or ability to acquire within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Prior experience with MICROS POS System an asset.
- Wine and Spirits knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wine, cocktails and bartending experience.
- Ability to research and create seasonal cocktail menus.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, accurate and efficient.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Demonstrated qualities of hospitality.
- Must be able to work overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- A dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!