|Date Posted||May 24, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Instructional Designer supports instructional and program design and manages production schedules for the design and development processes for the curriculum of The Food Business School, the CIA’s graduate degree program in the food business and center for executive education. The Instructional Designer cooperatively designs and facilitates learning projects on The Food Business School’s online learning platform, providing the necessary support to the FBS team, including curriculum navigation and course delivery support.
- Participates in the development of multiple internal learning projects varying in size and complexity.
- Designs and develops instructional materials and relevant platform activities for web-based delivery (including both asynchronous and synchronous events).
- Coordinates project management and production schedules on behalf of the team as they engage Professional Faculty and Subject Matter Experts throughout the design and development process for content validation and content delivery.
- Participates in the design and deployment of overall learning solutions architecture in the MoodleRooms course management system.
- Posts and maintains a variety of learning materials, including the management of written, audio, database, and video assets.
- Collaborates with the MoodleRooms learning platform’s technical teams and perform regularly scheduled platform testing and quality assurance reviews (and report back to the team as needed).
- Engages in social media campaigns on a per-term basis to develop the internal and public-facing pages within the MoodleRooms platforms.
- Attends regular project team meetings and provide regular status updates on activities, identifying any issues or challenges.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Education, Communications or Instructional Development or a related field of study.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as an Instructional Designer, Curriculum Developer or a related position within higher education.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong interest or experience in the food business is highly desirable.
- Working experience in Food System / Food Business sector preferred.
- Must be familiar with online learning platforms, understand the framework of learner-focused team-based learning, and excel at integrating social media strategies to publicly share relevant content.
- Strong written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information clearly and simply.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Hyper-organized with a passion for project management.
- Proficient in MS Office suite products and Google Apps.
- Proficient in the use of Canva (or comparable/related) graphic design software.
- Ability to multitask, follow through with assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Greystone in St. Helena, CA and Copia in Napa, CA). Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required.