|Date Posted||August 30, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Host(ess) is quite often both the initial guest contact person, and the final guest contact person, and therefore must have the demonstrated ability to warmly and professionally greet all guests either via phone, email, or in person and to bid farewell to all guests with the goal of attaining the highest possible level of customer service.
- Coordinate restaurant reservations and guest experiences in terms of greeting and seating, and bidding farewell to all restaurant patrons.
- Prepare menus and wine lists for each service shift.
- Confirm guest reservations.
- Develop long-term guest relations, by tracking information on repeat guests (i.e., favorite tables, special wines, requested servers, etc.)
- Answer guest questions about restaurant based on a solid understanding of the Copia Restaurant food and beverage programs as well as the Culinary Institute’s objectives at this campus.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a host(ess) or in a customer service role.
- Previous experience with Open Table reservations system.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a gracious and hospitable presence to all restaurant guests.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, accurate and efficient.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule.