|Date Posted||March 1, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Greeter/Docent will be responsible for welcoming and directing guests of the CIA at Copia. This position will conduct tours and deliver simple programs for the general public. The Greeter/Docent is responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction with their visit at the CIA at Copia, and will assist with issue resolution as required.
- Greet and welcome guests to the CIA at Copia with enthusiasm, maintaining a high standard of customer service and hospitality. Assist guests by providing direction to all locations in the Copia building.
- Lead individual and group tours, presenting information about the CIA and the CIA at Copia.
- Facilitate check-in of classes and interface with point of sale to enroll attendees as needed.
- Conduct brief presentations as directed.
- Inspect relevant areas prior to tours at all times and inform appropriate department if correction is necessary.
- Follow through on guest requests as necessary.
- Cross-sell opportunities at the CIA at Copia, including the restaurant, retail, food enthusiast programming and special events.
- Regularly provide feedback to management on customer reaction to CIA at Copia.
- Thank guests for their patronage and visit to the campus and invite them to return.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years basic customer service.
- Associate’s Degree
- Prior work experience in hospitality or tourism industry.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to memorize script and details.
- Good planning and time management skills to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays based upon business needs.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.