|Date Posted||January 31, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Copia Restaurant General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations of the restaurant and Food Hall with special attention to guest service and hospitality. This position will require training and management of all front of house staff, collaboration with the Food and Beverage Director and Culinary team to execute a high level of service in every service. The General Manager is responsible for the hiring, training and scheduling of all Front of House staff as well as efficiently manage and/or delegate all aspects of restaurant operations from scheduling to daily execution of the business in order to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, smooth operation and financial contribution to the college.
- Hires, trains and schedules of all Front of House staff. Monitors performance to ensure adherence to all service, sanitation and productivity standards to ensure exceptional guest satisfaction.
- Works with the Director of Food & Beverage on departmental financial requirements including but not limited to monitoring and controlling food, beverage and labor costs to budget.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation levels to a Health Department A rating.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to improve the daily operations.
- Works with the Director of Food and Beverage to prepare annual budget.
- Monitors and forecasts Food and Beverage revenues and expenses to ensure company budget goals are met.
- Performs annual reviews and development plans for direct reports and review all department reviews, including development of annual goals and approves goals of all other Copia Restaurant employees.
- Ensures compliance to CIA Copia Standards of Excellence.
- Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and beverage equipment and facilities.
- Monitors employee dress code to be in compliance with the Copia Restaurant standards.
- Assists with planning and approving external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities.
- Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to including wage and hour and all federal, state and local laws pertaining to alcoholic beverages and food safety and sanitation.
- Consults with direct reports daily to ensure the highest level of Guest Service is maintained.
- Oversees the operation of the Micros and Open Table systems.
- Approves payroll and ensures all payroll related urgencies are taken care of.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience in a high-volume restaurant.
- Minimum of one (1) year management experience in a fine dining operation.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Serve Safe certification or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days.
- AOS degree or equivalent in Hospitality Management or other related field.
- Experience working with Micros and Open Table systems or similar systems.
- Understand the importance of and able to calculate and manage food, beverage and labor costs within a set budget.
- Must have strong management and organizational skills including understanding the financials of the business.
- Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a positive team oriented attitude.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a proven, consistent track record showing the ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on guest and customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent logistical planning and delegating skills.
- Broad business savvy, with a solid grasp of financial and operating goals. Must have a track record of achieving measurable success for meeting objectives, managing costs and achieving change.
- Strong computer skills, which must include abilities to work effectively with MS Office suite products, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Must be able to handle details, assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required by business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for eight (8) hours.
- Ability to lift and carry up to forty (40) pounds.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds with assistance.