|Date Posted||April 30, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Driver is responsible for the safe and timely pick up and drop off of student/staff/faculty passengers to and from off-campus parking, housing and field trips. The Driver will be operating a 15-34 passenger bus, owned and maintained by The Culinary Institute of America (“CIA”). It is the responsibility of the Driver to guarantee that the bus is clean and in proper working condition at all times.
- Provides transportation to student/staff/faculty passengers to and from off-campus parking and housing.
- Operates the vehicle in such a manner that road and safety regulations are always followed; reports traffic violations to the Director – Campus Services immediately.
- Performs vehicle pre-trip inspections.
- Maintains an accurate daily vehicle log; reports any vehicle main issues to Director – Campus Services.
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates passengers according to written and practiced procedures.
- Off-campus field trips may be required as needed based on business needs.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Six (6) months of group transportation driving experience required; commercial, municipal or school bus, group van transport or airport limousine service.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid California Class B Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement required.
- Certified medical exam.
- Clear driving record is required.
- Valid California Class A Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement preferred.
- Two (2) years of group transportation driving experience required; commercial, municipal or school bus, group van transport or airport limousine service.
- Ability to effectively communicate; good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable and dependable.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to student/staff/faculty passengers and effective partnership with colleagues, as well as the ability to determine when situations require escalation or may be handled independently.
- Pre-employment drug screening is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting for extended periods.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures; hot and cold.
- Ability to lift and carry up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.