|Date Posted||March 1, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The On Call Tasting Room Attendant is responsible for exemplary service for the consumer programs at Copia. This position will execute programs and maintain operations of Enthusiast Classes and the Tasting Showcase at Copia. The On Call Tasting Room Attendant will provide set-up, service, and break down of each class in the demonstration theater and each bar station in the Tasting Showcase, ensuring successful operation of both spaces, as applicable.
- Sets up, serves, and breaks down for classes based on standard operating procedures provided, including pouring of wine and passing of samples as required.
- Sets up, maintains, and breaks down bar stations for Public Wine & Beverage programs based on standard operating procedures provided, including removal of used glassware and trash from the atrium and gardens.
- Performs all opening and closing procedures as required; ensures that all setups meet the needs and standards of scheduled classes and daily Public Wine & Beverage programs.
- Monitors the atrium, gardens, and all spaces within the Copia facility impacted by Public Wine & Beverage programs to ensure that the standards for appearance, cleanliness, and safety are being met.
- Works closely with the Manager of the Demo Theater at Copia as well as the Enthusiast Coordinator to ensure successful daily operation of the demonstration theater and atrium.
- Greets all visitors of the CIA at Copia, the demonstration theater, and the atrium with enthusiasm and a positive manner, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Creates an excellent customer experience before, during, and after programs in the demonstration theater and atrium.
- Provides customer feedback to Enthusiast and Public Wine & Beverage management teams.
- Continually seeks to improve processes of the demonstration theater and atrium to improve efficiency.
- Contributes positively to the Enthusiast and Public Wine & Beverage team dynamics and to the CIA at Copia
- Attends all mandatory staff training and department meetings.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in food and beverage service or hospitality environment required.
- Minimum of one (1) years of experience in a food service, hospitality, customer service or like environment.
- TIPS/RBST Certification or the ability to get certification
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable and dependable.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task between departments and programs and prioritize competing requests.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime on nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA). Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required.
- Able to stand for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for long periods.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.