|Date Posted||October 2, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Crisis Case Manager/Counselor (Critical Intervention Specialist) manages a caseload of clients that are referred to us by the North Bay Rehabilitation Center, covering throughout the Sonoma, Solano, Napa county and participates in weekly Clinical and Administrative meetings at our Napa office.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who has already graduated (or at at the tail-end) from the Master's program for Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or another related field. He/She would be a road warrior; who would have no issues driving in and around the respective coverage area, and responding to hotline calls within the hour. Our ideal candidate would have previous experience advocating, supporting, stabilizing, or working with those with either intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their inner and outer circle. He/She would be adaptable - being comfortable with working independently the field, but ready to jump in to a team at the office.
Applicants that do not live within the Solano, Napa, Sonoma counties will not be considered.
Are you up for the challenge?
If so, read below for more information about the expectations and what qualifications are required for the Critical Intervention Specialist (CIS).
The CIS duties include, but are not limited to:
- Visiting the client and collaborating with circle of support/collateral contacts at least once a week, and daily submission of case notes.
- Periodically carry our crisis hotline rotation with the intent of de-escalating the situation and respond in-person if necessary.
- Develop Case Reviews and create Stabilization Plans for your client.
- Attend client meetings and Regional Center clinics as directed, as well as all workshops, trainings and in-services.
- Attend and participate in clinical meetings with community resources (such as Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Physicians, Therapists, etc.).
- Master's Degree is required, preferably in Psychology, Counseling, Special Education, Social Work or a related field.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and be willing to commute to various settings to meet with circle of support and the identified client (i.e., family homes, Adult Residential Facilities, day programs, schools, hospitals, etc.).
- Ability to work full-time.
- One year experience in mental health providing counseling.
- Experience working with persons with Autism and experience utilizing ABA strategies.
- Spanish speakers are highly desired.
What you need to know about CBEM (Creating Behavioral and Educational Momentum):
- We are a growing agency that provides intervention and prevention to persons diagnosed with developmental disabilities through critical case management and crisis hotline services.
- We serve persons of varying ages, disabilities, and needs.
- We operate according to our values of excellence, inclusivity, integrity, and service. Our values help our company provide quality services to our clients and promote an enriching work environment.
- We are teamwork oriented and have an open door policy to promote communication and learn from each other.
- We want our employees to grow, not only within the position but also within the company. To accomplish this, we provide orientation trainings, case consultations, and opportunities for promotion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year