|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Cashier/Server position is responsible for a high degree of guest interaction while simultaneously juggling multiple job functions. The Cashier/Server takes food and beverage orders, runs the point-of-sale device, prepares all hot & cold beverages, serves guests, buses tables and maintains an impeccable dining room. Being the point of contact for guests, a personable, pleasant and professional interaction is required to effectively communicate the standard of excellence consistent with the CIA’s standards.
- Interacts warmly, clearly and effectively with customers; wears the “face” of CIA hospitality. Takes orders from customers, works quickly and efficiently keeping ticket-times to a minimum. Communicates information to guests regarding all ingredients and potential allergens in all food & beverage items for sale. Provides service to guests of alcoholic beverages within safe service guidelines.
- Maintains a CIA provided cash drawer and follows proper cash handling policies and procedures. Performs cashier functions with minimal errors for all transactions, settling checks appropriately. Ensures POS pricing is always correct and that everyone is charged appropriately for items served in the café.
- Performs daily opening and closing procedures. Prepares end of shift paperwork, deposits bank bag and safe drawer.
- Maintains impeccably clean and orderly service station, fridges, counters and dining room. Maintains dining room tables, seating area, and back of house spaces.
- Follows all food safety rules and procedures during service.
- Creates work orders for any equipment requiring service, repair or maintenance as necessary.
- Maintains a fully stocked, clean and organized display case with only the freshest of foods and ingredients. Ensures all food is labeled clearly and correctly, with correct pricing.
- Maintains and takes inventory of beverage, sundries, china, glass and silverware and orders food and beverage items using the CIA procurement system as requested.
- Maintains security of all alcoholic beverages at all times.
- Completes all assigned paperwork in a timely manner.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- One (1) year of experience as a dining room server including working with Point of Sale (POS) system such as Micros, or CIA degree or certificate in lieu thereof.
Licenses / Certifications:
- TIPS alcohol service certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- California food handler certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- CIA graduate.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Developed skills in food order taking.
- Knowledge of food menus and beverages.
- Knowledge of baked good and desserts.
- Basic knowledge with Micros POS systems for order taking.
- Must be able to deal with customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Ability to bend, reach, stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
- Must be able to lift and transport a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be comfortable working in a variable temperature environment.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule of shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays.