|Date Posted||March 1, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Busser/Runner is responsible for ensuring that the dining room tables are properly set up and cleaned providing prompt and professional service to dining guests. The Busser/Runner also acts as a food runner to dispense food from the kitchen to tables immediately upon food being presented as ready from the line.
- Continually read, anticipate and fulfill guest needs.
- Work with chefs and servers in order to deliver food to guests. Explain dishes as appropriate when delivering to guests.
- Set up and break down dining room for each shift.
- Stay current with menu descriptions as the menu changes.
- Assist with overall maintenance of restaurant and organization of restaurant supplies cage.
- Reset tables according to specifications of restaurant.
- Restock clean plates, silverware and glassware.
- Clear plates and silverware, as appropriate, when guests are finished dining.
- Assist servers with food delivery to guests, refilling water, serving bread.
- Maintain service stations in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift.
- Perform all opening and closing side work as required.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working in a restaurant
- 1 year of experience working in a high volume restaurant preferred.
- Demonstrated qualities of hospitality and service.
- Knowledge of dining room service procedures.
- Ability to follow all safety and sanitation policies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service.
- Food and beverage knowledge.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule.