|Date Posted||April 30, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Building Maintenance Assistant is responsible for assisting with the general maintenance and repairs to all Copia and Greystone campus buildings including all mechanical spaces and roof areas. The Building Maintenance Assistant works as part of the Facilities team to sure a safe and fully functional work and educational environment.
- Completes all work orders as assigned.
- Performs simple plumbing duties such as changing washers, unclogging drains, and tightening bolts.
- Cleans, maintains and repairs fixtures, equipment and appliances.
- Repairs simple door locks.
- Light bulb changes throughout the building inside and outside.
- Cleaning windows inside and outside and high windows with the use of a lift.
- Replaces damaged ceiling tile and floor tile.
- Assists in crating and uncrating materials and equipment.
- Cleans and maintains materials, tools, shop and equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Assists building engineers by hauling, carrying, cleaning materials and equipment.
- Painting inside and outside, touch up painting.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in the building maintenance field.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to read work orders, instructions and follow direction and procedures.
- Work neatly and organized with all work assignments.
- Skillful with tools of minor plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Demonstrated reliability, ownership of job, prides in one’s work.
- Formal trade school education in mechanical or electrical systems.
- Must be able to work overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule and report to various supervisors based upon the needs of the Institute.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and climbing to heights above the 20 feet as needed.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot or extremely cold conditions.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Greystone in St. Helena, CA and Copia in Napa, CA). Must possess own transportation to travel between locations
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- Dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!