|Date Posted||August 30, 2019|
|Job Type|| Part-time |
The Bartender is accountable for providing quality service to all customers while ensuring all practices, equipment and inventory are properly maintained.
- Functions as bartender and cashier in restaurant.
- Assists guests by anticipating their needs while they are in the restaurant and introducing them to all of the food and beverage programs that the restaurant has to offer.
- Completes opening and closing side work as assigned with the goal of contributing to an organized, well-prepared work environment.
- Maintains a strong food and beverage knowledge base in an effort to provide the best possible guest service experience.
- Uses standardized CIA recipes for all items served from the bar.
- Conducts physical inventory of storage areas.
- Orders bar supplies as needed, rotates stock.
- Reports vintage changes to Assistant Restaurant Manager to aid in maintenance of wine lists.
- Reports equipment problems.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience tending bar.
Licenses / Certifications:
- TIPS responsible alcohol service certification or equivalent or ability to acquire within 30 days of hire.
- MICROS POS System experience.
- Wine and Spirits knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wine, cocktails and bartending experience.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously .
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, accurate and efficient.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Ability to research and create seasonal cocktail menus.
- Demonstrated qualities of hospitality.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts.