|Date Posted||March 18, 2019|
|Job Type|| Temporary |
The Audio Visual Technician will be responsible for providing technical support for the audio & visual needs for conferences and events on campus. During events, this position will operate and troubleshoot all AV equipment in the various venues on campus based on the event AV schedule. This position is an on-call position, and work schedules, as available, will be based on needs for our conference services as well as other events on campus.
- Works with the Associate Producer & Technical Lead and the Site Systems Coordinator to provide technical support for all aspects of the audio visual production for SIG conferences and leadership events at various campuses & venues.
- Works with Special Events Department and IT department as needed to provide technical support for additional on campus events that require audio-visual support, as needed.
- Responsible for checking AV equipment before any event begins to ensure it is fully operational, and work with the team on technical solutions as necessary.
- Assists event clients, SIG presenters and other team members with ensuring the interface of audio, video, and projection devices in all campus venues being used for a program.
- Tape down and dress all loose wire and cable prior to the event.
- Break-down and remove equipment from venues promptly following event and return to secure storage location.
- Assist clients with establishing an internet connection in campus venues when necessary.
- Check AV setup against Event Order & Schedule before event begins to ensure that accuracy.
- Setup & breakdown all AV equipment as required for each event.
- Operate equipment at scheduled timing during each assigned event (including camera operations for demonstrations, microphones, sound, video, skype connections, live feeds, PowerPoint and other presentations, etc. as well as all switching).
- Communicate any issues with equipment immediately to Site Systems Coordinator & Associate Producer & Technical Lead.
- Any and all other duties as assigned
- Experience working as an audio visual technician (ideally in event based situations).
- Working knowledge of audio systems including various types of microphones audio mixers, amplifiers speakers, etc.
- Working knowledge of video systems including camera operations, video monitors, projection, switching, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office applications including Windows 7 and 10 and Macintosh based systems.
- Knowledge of wireless internet connectivity.