|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Assistant Sales Manager will be responsible for actively conducting sales and coordinating an overall sales strategy with the Event Sales Manager, working directly with the client in menus selection, upselling additional products such as classes, wine pairings, floral and AV needs to enhance the events. The Assistant Sales Manager will provide insight and strategy for marketing support and communication to help increase sales for the events. The Assistant Sales Manager provides the production team (culinary, operations, and all other departments) with specific instructions and directions to ensure all details are communicated and handled professionally by service staff to ensure the proper execution of all the events.
- Provide consistent management and responsive coverage for events sales on the property and in the field; be prepared for walk-in sales opportunities as well as actively creating sales through telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Develop new client relationships in an effort to generate future business.
- Prepare event proposals according to clients’ needs and confirm with the client prior to the finalization of contracted sales.
- Assist clients in the development of menu selection, wine selection and sales of additional products and services to ensure a high-quality event.
- Qualify event requests in terms of date, space requirements, food and beverage needs, and other services.
- Ensure that direction is given to the operations team and a formal hand-off/introduction of the client to operations management is made for their event.
- Conduct site visits for prospective Events clients.
- Handle all correspondence required in the documentation of event sales.
- Book space for events according to prescribed procedures.
- Complete sales checklist for working files to ensure that steps have been followed in their entirety.
- Represent the Institute at trade shows, community events, and hospitality organization meetings.
- Prepare monthly projections and annual sales forecasts directly related to your sales efforts.
- Maintain office organization according to established procedures.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of experience in hospitality or related industry, ideally in a sales role.
- Associate’s degree in business, hospitality or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of combined experience in hospitality, events and customer service.
- Experience with sales, marketing and client relations in the hospitality industry.
- Working knowledge of Catering Computer Software, ideally Caterease, Delphi, or Tripleseat.
- A thorough understanding of current food & wine trends with an emphasis on California.
- Strong sales skills, including the ability to seek out new business opportunities, close the sales process, upsell customers and create a referral business.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively work with multiple teams across the organization to respond to business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of computers specifically, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing requests.
- Excellent logistical planning skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, and weekends, in order to manage and oversee designated events and meet business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting, standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for long periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA). Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the workday as required.
- Must be able to travel regularly within the US as required by business needs.