|Date Posted||April 30, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for the recruitment of prospective students for The Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Recruitment is conducted via various types of group and individual communications, campus events, admissions presentations, candidate file review and territory travel in primary and secondary states.
- Responsible for development and implementation of a territory recruitment plan for fall and winter/spring recruitment that may include visits to appropriate schools/sites, college fairs, trade shows, campus events, and receptions/conversation CIA programs either in person or virtually.
- Communicates with prospective students through phone, email, text, and other types of personalized communications to guide and manage their advance through the admissions funnel process.
- Conducts CIA presentations to groups of students, educators, parents, and other influencers to share information about CIA and build relationships.
- Forms relationships with key CIA Alumni, educators, and student supporters to support CIA recruitment and assist with student recruitment events.
- Manages files through the admissions process including making decisions about whether students should be admitted to the college. Communicates with admitted students to encourage enrollment and enlist the support of other CIA departments. For applicants who present unusual and/or legal issues, consult with supervisor to determine final admissions decision.
- Manages operational and recruitment expenses to the approved budget.
- Prepares and submits weekly and monthly reports on the status of accomplishments and activities.
- Responsible for working with Admissions Legacy system, Datatel Recruiter, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field.
- Prior experience in leadership and communication-intensive activities.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License required with no more than one (1) moving violation in the past twelve (12) months.
- Prior Admissions Recruitment experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and strong presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an excellent and welcoming presence in front of guests and employees.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to internal customers and effective partnership with colleagues, as well as the ability to determine when situations require escalation or may be handled independently.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive issues with confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong computer experience and ability to grasp new computer programs, which must include abilities to work effectively with Admissions database programs and MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Exceptional organizational skills to maintain appropriate follow-ups and records of activity.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Must have the ability to travel frequently.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds of admissions recruitment material.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work-life balance.
Benefits are offered based on position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- Dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!