|Date Posted||March 21, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Strategic Initiatives Administrative & Editorial Coordinator is responsible for assisting in all aspects of conference planning and execution with special focus on editorial, operational and administrative logistics. This position assists the Strategic Initiatives Group (SIG) team with coordination of annual conference and leadership initiative programs that have a range of strategic topics from world cuisines, professionalism, innovation and flavor development to health, wellness and sustainability. These industry leadership programs reach an influential, national audience of executive and other senior-level chefs, food service and operators, journalists.
- Organizes, formats, edits and prepares curriculum resource needs for all programs for print and online distribution according to curriculum style guides, with assistance from the Culinary Coordinator and/or student workers/external resources if necessary based on work volume for recipe formatting.
- Edits and formats conference tasting mats, menus, tent cards, handouts, signage, and materials for SIG team review, and final print for use during programs. Coordinates and assists with program course booklet assembly.
- Assists with content management for the conference mobile apps as needed for individual programs, including but not limited to app updates, editing, final review and proof-reading before the release of each program.
- Assists with organization, inventory and distribution of all conference disposables and paper goods.
- Assists with reviewing conference websites and ensuring up to date information is posted for conference attendees and general website content management.
- Assists with building online registration sites as necessary.
- Assists with hospitality and customer service management for conference attendees prior to arrival, onsite and post programs.
- Assists with conference audio-visual support for meeting venues as needed.
- Responds to inquiries and interacts with SIG sponsor contacts, conference attendees and presenters, as well as CIA staff, faculty and students, to provide information regarding SIG initiatives, solves routine problems, or otherwise respond to requests and questions.
- Assists with coordination of conference logistics related to sponsorship, operations, and programming as needed. Coordinates and assists with onsite logistics including registration and room facilitation.
- Conducts research, composes correspondence, and prepares letters, memos, reports, forms, charts, or other documents from written and verbal instructions as needed for the SIG team.
- Formats, reviews and/or edits SIG program educational resources, reports, white papers, and/or promotional and marketing materials as necessary.
- Maintains SIG databases and files on sponsors, such as client information, contact records etc. Updates databases continuously to be able to share sponsor history with the SIG team, advancement office and Institute as a whole.
- Responsible for SIG paperwork and filing, including maintaining both electronic and hard copy files in accordance with established guidelines and format.
- Drafts and send invoices and letters of agreements as sponsors are confirmed, in addition to follow up on unpaid invoices.
- Assists with digital media filming projects, digital media curriculum and photo shoots as needed.
- Updates master databases, bios, head-shots and other documents after each program.
- Tabulates results from print and electronic surveys for team review in provided templates.
- Provides administrative support for SIG team members as needed.
- Ensures cleanliness and order in office spaces, and manages offices supplies and inventories for the SIG team.
- Serves as host to guests of the SIG team, including providing tours of campus when needed.
- Any and all other duties as required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in administrative experience in lieu of.
- Knowledge of or at least considerable interest in food, wine and cooking with some event coordination, restaurant, hospitality or editorial experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, English, Administration or Hospitality Management or related field.
- Prior event coordination, management and/or sponsored event experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with copy editing, particularly the Chicago Manual Style, and/or recipe writing strongly desired.
- Experience in the MAC environment and/or with digital media, video, Adobe Professional, and/or Adobe Photoshop ideal.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite products; i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as experience with databases and mail merges.
- Good command of English, including spelling, grammar, and general sentence construction, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and office skills.
- Must be conscientious about event related details especially with respect to program support.
- Collegial and positive in outlook and approach.
- Success oriented and goal directed.
- Understands and thrives on the culture of major event management—with its deadlines and ebbs and flows of workloads, its need for “grace under pressure,” and the passions and sensitivities of its myriad of event stakeholders, from celebrity chefs, sponsors, and media to staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution aptitude.
- Ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must be available to work overtime on nights and weekends as required by business needs.
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California Campus; Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA. Must possess own transportation in order to travel between locations during the work day as required.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for extended periods
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds and up to fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include:
- Medical and prescription drug plan.
- Dental plan, Vision plan.
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans.
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays.
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution.
- Employee assistance program.
- Tuition assistance programs.
- And more!