|Date Posted||January 27, 2019|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Accounting Inventory Clerk reports to the Inventory Control Manager in Hyde Park and will work in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager and Buyer to provide excellent information and customer service to the students, staff, faculty and vendors. This position is responsible for accurately receiving and recording all items into the inventory management system; Eatec, as well as recording inventory related transactions and ensuring the Eatec database integrity. The Accounting Inventory Clerk position requires the willingness, knowledge and ability to move to any area of the Purchasing Department and various storerooms and work as demand dictates.
- Maintains daily the various Eatec files; specifically, file maintenance of the inventory master file, budget file, scheduling file, block file, reporting file, kitchen master file, college calendar file, and accounting files.
- Performs inventory adjustments and updates the same in database.
- Reviews stock reports generated by Stock Lead and works directly with purchasing supervisor to correct.
- Provides direction and assistance to purchasing team regarding inventory controls.
- Maintains inventory reports according to standard documentation and archiving procedures.
- Carries out a comprehensive review of the inventory function and its methodology and identifies and recommends improvements.
- Researches daily inquiries from senior staff, instructors, deans and students.
- Assists with monthly physical inventory counts, enters counts into Eatec and prepares discrepancy report.
- Assists with monthly journal entries and reconciliation of inventory value to general ledger.
- Prepares monthly inventory analysis of discrepancies.
- Reconciles monthly vendor purchases (Eatec) to general ledger (Oracle) and completes journal entry.
- Develops and prepares monthly block schedules from the information provided by the Deans to generate requisitions which include all food, cleaning
- supplies and china for all class rooms.
- Completes monthly donation reconciliations, prepares reports and sends to the Advancement Office, Buyers, Accounting and Accounts Receivable.
- Programs all new kitchens and account numbers in Eatec.
- Trains faculty and other users on the use of Eatec.
- Audits receipts of incoming deliveries, checks for quality of items being received (i.e. damaged boxes, spoiled produce, broken bottles, etc.), accuracy in counts being received versus ordered, back orders, or out of stock items. Ensures items received are in compliance with Institute standards (i.e. no dented cans, spoiled produce, broken glasses, stained linen, etc.).
- If necessary rejects/returns items, completes a return/credit form and provides a copy to the delivery company, a copy to the storeroom team for processing, and a copy to Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for gathering all receiving documents and related invoice documents and preparing the daily package for the accounts payable team.
- Documents all errors and corrections and maintains an audit trail of all work.
- Performs spot audits of inventory items and traces counts back to the inventory system to help ensure accuracy of the perpetual inventory system.
- Ability to enroll and complete the related CIA product ID and related education classes as assigned.
- Greets and assists all customers to the area in a professional, courteous, helpful and friendly manner.
- Provides proficient and proactive customer service, either in person, by phone, or by email.
- Assists in any area of the Storeroom as demand requires.
- Assists and coordinates monthly inventories as needed.
- Backup to the Lead Stock Clerk as assigned.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, or a related field of study; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of work related experience in inventory control management.
- Knowledge of computer-based inventory systems, or the equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Hospitality or a related field of study.
- Prior experience with EATEC purchasing/inventory system desired.
- Food, Beverage and Non-Food purchasing and/or distribution experience.
- Higher Education working experience.
- Graduate of an accredited culinary school.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the purchasing and inventory processes and procedures.
- General knowledge and prior experience with accounting software.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have a proven, consistent track record showing the ability to work with all levels within in an organization and proactively communicate and work effectively with chefs, students and staff.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines timely and accurately.
- Excellent, written and verbal communication, with the ability to convey a positive and professional image in person, on the telephone and in correspondence.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Detail orientated and thorough.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with MS Office suite products, i.e. Word and Excel. Demonstrated knowledge, working experience and expertise with Excel.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting, standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight (8) hours.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for extended periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to lift and move up to seventy-five (75) pounds or more with assistance.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include;
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!